Welcome to GreenWorld – Farmland and Other Alternative Investments for the Retail Investor
Hello, and welcome to GreenWorld. We are a firm that specializes in alternative investments. Alternative investments are investments outside of bonds or stocks, and they are generally uncorrelated with either of these asset classes. Within the alternative investment sphere, we have chosen to focus on so-called “real assets”. We are happy to speak with you at any time – even just for educational purposes – so feel free to Contact Us.
A real asset is a tangible asset such as timber investments and farmland investments that have an inherent economic value. The advantage of investing in real assets is that they frequently pay good current income, such as our bamboo investment, and can also act as an excellent hedge against inflation.
Speaking of inflation, we are of the strong opinion that the massive of amounted money created by Quantitative Easing (or QE as it is referred to) will at some point – if not right away then down the road – lead to quite high inflation. The collective monetary base of the world’s most important central banks has tripled in size from 5 to 15 million dollars, which is why GreenWorld is so keen on real asset investments to hedge against inflation. Keep in mind, that just as interest on a bond or dividends from shares can compound over time in a good way, inflation also compounds as well, as the chart below demonstrates.
If you are as worried about the affects of QE, inflation and/or general financial and political instability from the crisis in the Eurozone, ask yourself the following question: What type of investments would you want to protect your assets, your financial future and retirement against these types of risks? GreenWorld believes that it is critical to have at least some portion of your portfolio in tangible assets that are stable and will not be subject to the whims of politicians and central bankers.
Another major strategy of GreenWorld’s is to focus on green investments. These are impact investments that have the added value of being beneficial to the global environment. The GreenWorld philosophy is that you do not have to sacrifice profits for success in looking at your investment options. If you want to ask yourself consider a green impact investment? The answer is to look at the map below of how the earth will look in the year 2100 on current trends
Green World have chosen our real asset alternative investments to meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
- Are they truly real assets – such as farmland – or are they simply something like agriculture funds or commodity ETFs that are still financial investments? GreenWorld is looking for exposure to the underlying real assets themselves, NOT financial stock funds or ETFs
- Does the investment provide access to a fast growing market? For example, we choose our bamboo investment because the market for bamboo is likely to double in the next several years. Likewise, agriculture investments are ideal because of the relentless upward climb of food commodity prices.
- Is the investment truly an alternative investment that will provide genuine diversification from stocks and bonds? Can it also act as a hedge against inflation?
- Are they socially responsible impact investments that respect the needs and rights of local stakeholders in the individual countries in which they are located? Our African farmland investment is unique in this regard.
- We also believe in diversification across countries, hence, we focus on global investments. For example, property investments ultimately have ended-up as a large bubble, but that does not mean that international property investments in fast growing emerging markets do not offer great opportunities.
- Is the alternative investment accessible by retail investors, that is, is the minimum investment requirement low enough that retail investors can participate?
Whilst the general impression is that an alternative investment such as farmland for example is only available to large institutions such as pension funds and hedge funds, we have unearthed a whole series of alternative investments that are accessible by individuals. The advantage of diversification into alternative investments is that all of an investor’s assets do not move in lockstep with one-another, allowing for a smoother overall performance.
GreenWorld’s investments are not part of any green funds, but rather they allow an investor to own such assets as forestry or farmland DIRECTLY. We believe this is an important distinction, as most green funds are still composed of stocks such as shares in solar companies. Whilst these types of stocks could still be considered green investments, as we saw in 2008, when markets collapse all types of stocks and other financial instruments tend to go down in unison – or “correlations go to one”.
The advantage of alternative investments such as forestry and timber investments and agriculture investments is that they make an excellent hedge against inflation, as well as allowing for both current income as well as long-term capital gains.
Finally, if you have ever wondered why it is important to “go green” or to consider green investments for your portfolio, this picture showing the likely dramatic world temperature increases should answer your question.
Welcome to GreenWorld and feel free to Contact Us with any questions.
NOT FOR SALE IN THE UNITED STATES
GreenWorld, on the advice of our US legal counsel, regret to inform any US citizen or permanent residents (“US Persons”) that we are strictly unable to work with you due to US Securities and Exchange (SEC) regulations. We are, however, able and happy to work with all non-US citizens.
Any investments or securities described on this site have not been registered under United States laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States or to U.S. persons (whether or not living in the U.S.). In order to purchase any of the investments or securities described on this site, the purchaser must certify that he/she/it is not a U.S. person and is not acquiring the securities for the account or benefit of any U.S. person, and shall not resell the securities to any United State person.
While we are able to work with all non US-citizens, we are not able to work with you if you are a “U.S. person” as defined below, or if you intend to resell any of the investment securities offered on this site to any U.S. person, we are unable to work with you. Please read the disclosure before you contact us:
(i) I am not a citizen of the United States of America, its territories and possessions (a “U.S. person”); and
(ii) I am investing for my own benefit and will not resell any of the investments/securities purchased through this website to any U.S. person.