Everyone has probably seen bamboo in products all around them. There are bamboo mats, bamboo tables and even bamboo hangars. What many people do not know however is that Bamboo Investments can also be extremely profitable as well as well as ethical as well. There are a number of reasons to consider GreenWorld’s bamboo product for your Timber investments portfolio:
- Growth Rates: Bamboo grows at an amazingly fast rate. In the right conditions, bamboo can grow up to 5cm per hour, and even conservative estimates place its growth at around 25 cm per day. Even after a bamboo culm is harvested, it can actually regenerate itself. This means that your bamboo investment will produce harvested wood multiple times over the course of your investment
- Fast Growing Market: The market for bamboo is currently approximately US$ 7 billion per year. This amount is expected to grow nearly 150% to US$ 17 billion/year by 2017. Whilst the traditional bamboo market is driven primarily by smaller handicrafts and other items, much of the future uses for bamboo will come from growing commercial applications such as house flooring, house building materials, construction and even biomass for alternative energy. This means that your Bamboo Investment will be part of a rapidly growing market, which is one of the central factors in the investments GreenWorld chooses.
- CO2 Absorption: Bamboo absorbs carbon dioxide at an incredible rate, essentially acting as a giant CO2 vacuum. Each bamboo culm sequesters half a ton of bamboo, and an acre of bamboo will removes 40 tons of carbon dioxide – your bamboo investment literally eats CO2! Bamboo is increasingly seen as one of the most innovative methods for reducing global warming. This means your bamboo investment helps to fight global warming
- High Investment Returns: Due to the extremely fast growth of the bamboo market, the investment returns to be had from bamboo are extraordinary. The project is only eight years, but returns are quite conservatively estimated at 145%, and if the bamboo market continues to grow at its current pace, returns could be over 300%.
Summary of your Bamboo Investment:
- 8 year investment term
- Investment options starting of half hectare for US$17,500 (approximately £11,000) or a full acre for US$35,000 (approximately £22,000)
- Conservative, Base Case returns of 145%. If the market for bamboo continues to grow at current rates, the returns are projected at 306%
- An excellent feature of GreenWorld’s bamboo investment is that it is a purely passive, “soup to nuts” investment. Everything is done for the investor by the plantation management – the planting, the harvesting, the ongoing management of your land and bamboo plants, and the harvesting and sale of the timber into the marketplace. All you need to do is collect the dividends!
- Unless most bamboo or forestry investments, the time period for the entire investment is only 8 years, whilst the minimum is normally 15 year projects. This greatly lowers the risk to investors.
- Please contact us for a more detailed brochure and overview of GreenWorld’s bamboo investment and one of our consultants will get back to you immediately. Go Green – invest in bamboo!